Self Tanning on a Budget














If your anything like me, you would kill to have that summer vacation tan all year round, especially in summer. I can't stand thinking of paying that $65 price tag every week to get that glow. Yeah I could tan, but I'm all about protecting my skin and preserving my age for as long as possible. This month I tested about four different self tanners from the drug store, and one came out on top. The L'oreal Sublime Bronze (http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/products/skin-care/products/self-tanning/sublime-bronze-luminous-bronzer.aspx) is the best I have run across that is budget friendly. There are a couple steps you can take in ensuring a streak free application!

First I always start with an heavy exfoliator, pin pointing your dry areas. For me, my dry areas are my knees, elbows, and the back of my ankles. I use the Coffee Body Polish from MadeMen&Co (http://www.mademen.us/shop/coffee-body-polish/). After showering I assure the skin is completely dry. Then apply product in a circular motion starting at your shoulders and working your way down. Some don't prefer to apply self tanner to the face, but I find if you apply in the right way it can look very natural. By taking the product and starting in the middle of the face making your way to the edges. If you think about how the natural sun hits your skin, your nose and center face get sun first. When I am done applying the product I like to take a small amount of body butter to my dry areas. I find by adding that extra bit of moisture it helps to prevent any product clingy to unwanted areas.

So, take take the plunge and try at home self tanning and use that extra money you save on a real vacation!

XOXO
-Jessica Marie

Share:

0 comments