5 Step Summer Make-up Tutorial

IMG_3367.JPG
What better time of year to strip down to the basics of make-up. What ever happen to a light foundation, a little mascara and a bright glossy lip? When did we get to the point where we don’t feel complete until we have chiseled contour? I myself am guilty! But, I’m here to tell you it can happen. Just 5 simple products to achieve that “I just got back from a mini staycation all refreshed and hydrated” look! Probably with items you already have at home, BB Cream, Bronzer, Highlighter, Mascara, and Lip Stick!
The most effective way to achieve glowing skin is to start with a moisturizing BB cream, tinted moisturizer, or a light weight foundation. My personal favorite for this time of year is Chanel CC Cream. Its a little more full coverage than a BB Cream, which I love. Applying the CC cream with your fingers will warm up the product and blend into the face seamlessly. 
A bronzer can bring life into your face like never before. It can be dificult to find that bronzer that will warm the face without liking orange, or muddy. One of my favorites is the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. When applying the bronzer make sure to hit the cheeks, hair line, jaw line, and a little sweep across the nose.
IMG_3370.JPG
TIP: FOR THOSE DAYS YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED WITH 5 DIFFERENT SHADOWS AND A WING LINER, I LIKE TO USE THE BRONZER FOR A SHADOW IN THE CREASE. I LOVE HOW THE BRONZER ON THE FACE AND CREASE BRING THE WHOLE LOOK TOGETHER.
IMG_3371.JPG
IMG_3372.JPG
One thing to give you that refreshed, I just slept for 12 hours, is a poppin' highlight! Just make sure you pick one that is gonna show up, and complements the skin. My personal favorite is the BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone. The best thing about highlighter is it can give you so lifted cheek bone, and who doesn't want that? I also used the highlight as my center eyelids color and under the brow.
Most of the time when you pick the right bronzer for your skin tone you can double up the bronzer to fill in the brow. Its not gonna give you the perfect brow but it will fill it in just enough.
I mean, my next product is a no brainer. Mascara. When creating this look the lashes are probably the most important. When applying the mascara make sure to cover each lash. Thats what gonna give you that doe eyed look. My go to mascara since high school is the L'Oreal Voluminous
IMG_3377.JPG
IMG_3378.JPG
The closing piece to this easy look is a bight poppy lip. Really any color you feel comfortable in with tie the whole look together. 
IMG_3380.JPG
XOIMG_3381.JPG

Share:

0 comments